Physiotherapy is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and rehabilitation of physical dysfunction. A physiotherapist works on improving your range of motion, strength, endurance, and balance to help you recover from an injury or have better motor control. This blog post will provide you with all the information you need to find the best physiotherapist in Gurgaon for your needs!
What Does A Physiotherapist Do?
A physiotherapist is a specialist who can help you recover from an injury or have better motor control. The therapist will use a variety of different treatments to help improve your range of motion, strength, endurance, and balance. Treatment may involve workouts as well as exercises to improve the affected body parts.
What Services Do Physiotherapists Provide?
Physiotherapy treats your body pain, movement disabilities, an injury sustained in sports or accidents, old age movement problems. Their treatment includes exercises to relieve your pain or work on specific muscles in your back. Physiotherapy for headaches may use pressure therapy. Your physiotherapist will examine you to identify your problem and prescribe exercises, movements.
Your physiotherapist will also assess your mobility and see what areas are affected. They may recommend different types of exercises, depending on what the problem is, to improve your overall mobility or strength of certain muscles so that you can feel better, be more active, and avoid future injuries.
A physiotherapist’s goal is not just to help you feel better today but also to prevent future problems so that you don’t get hurt again.
What Are The Types Of Physiotherapy Treatments?
There are three types of physiotherapy treatments: Manual therapy, Therapeutic exercise therapy, and teaching methods.
- Manual therapy involves the use of various treatments to improve your range of motion. Some common treatments include joint mobilization, joint manipulation, joint adjustment, muscle energy techniques, soft tissue massage, and myofascial release.
- Therapeutic exercise therapy is the most common form of physiotherapy. It includes exercises to relieve pain or work on specific muscles in your back. Your physiotherapist will examine you to identify your problem and prescribe exercises that can help with it. Your physio may also assess your mobility and see what areas are affected. They may recommend different types of exercises depending on what the problem is to help you feel better, be more active, and avoid future injuries.
- Teaching methods involve the use of cognitive therapy to improve your motor control or posture in order to help you reduce pain and restore function. This may include training neuromuscular retraining, balance exercises, gait improvement techniques, postural awareness training, relaxation exercises, vision correction therapy (for patients with visual impairment), and sensory stimulation.
How Can I Choose The Best Physiotherapist in Gurgaon?
One of the deciding factors while choosing the best physiotherapist is to check your requirement. Different physiotherapists are specialized in one or many techniques, so instead of going to a regular physiotherapist, you should visit a specialized one.
Different types of Physiotherapists are
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy- It is the most common form of physiotherapy and involves injuries from sports, trauma, sports. They are back pains, neck pains, joint pains, strains, and sprains, Arthritis, etc.
- Neurological Physiotherapy- It involves all neurological conditions and disorders of a patient. Any problem related to nerves, brain, and related comes under neurological physiotherapy. It involves treating Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, stroke, or cerebral palsy
- Cardiopulmonary Physiotherapy-This type of physiotherapy involves patients recovering from heart surgery or heart stroke. Patients undergo light exercises to improve their pulmonary conditions.
- Geriatric Physiotherapy- Old age problems that involve joint pains, Alzheimer’s, or Stability problems. A physiotherapist who attends seniors must have experience in orthopedic, neurological, and Cardiopulmonary fields.
- Sports Physiotherapy- Any strain and sprain sustained while playing a sport are treated in this type of physiotherapy. Athletes, cricketers, footballers, and other players sustain injuries like muscle sprain, ligament tear, tennis elbow, and more.
- Pediatric Physiotherapy- Childrens with motor disabilities that are in-born or sustained from trauma or accident come in this type of physiotherapy. They are taught to maintain balance, do their life chores, and improve mobility.
Physiotherapy at home usually refers to a physiotherapist who provides treatments in the patient’s residence.
Not all patients like to visit the physiotherapy center for getting a session done because of pain and difficulty traveling. Modern centers offer physiotherapy services at home especially for senior citizens and patients with locomotive problems. Finding a physiotherapy service at home near your location is not tough.
Not all physiotherapists are specialized and experts in all kinds of physiotherapy treatments. Best physiotherapists are those who assess your problem and find a good plan for increasing your mobility, relieving your pain. They do not restrict to just one part of the body but focus on the whole body.
Expert Physiotherapists work on the holistic healing of your body.
Why Choose Physio Drive?
Physiotherapy is amazing science, but it’s not always accessible.
You can find a physiotherapist in your area, which is awesome! But if you live in a big city like New Delhi or Gurgaon, the waiting list for appointments can be long. Especially in this COVID pandemic people are reluctant to move out of their homes for a consultation or a therapy session.
We are changing this by using technology and making physiotherapy consultations available online. With our Site, we connect people with our team of best physiotherapists who can communicate directly through their mobile devices.
Our doctors listen to your problems, diagnose and make a customized plan for you. The best part is you don’t have to come to us, our expert team will come to your home and deliver our services at your location.
They are highly trained and work on the whole body not just one part of the body.